Monday, February 4, 2008

natasha vanessa tuhatu

well the titles says it all. err not really hha.
anyways i'll just get started ey?
my dear dear cousin natasha or 'kk panessa' is what i like to call her, is the only cousin i've had n known since i was a little girl.
she has been my best friend ever since eerrmm...high school.
let me go back..way back back when dinosaurs roam the earth and men discovered fire. okay maybe not that waaay back.

i first met my cousin back in the 90's you know when madonna was still hot, michael jackson shocked us by becoming a white dude and everybody wanted to be phil collins.
anyways....from her side of the story (not madonna's) 'kk panessa' had a surprised reaction when she first saw me at the airport after coming back from italy. Her immediate reaction probably was "gee why does my cousin look so chinese?" ever since that day in the airport, she and i became very close but not too close.

When we were kids, we used to hated eachother 24/7. We never really got along. We wanted to beat the crap out of eachother nonstop. Oh yeahh we were brutal.
I remember this 1 incident that i can never forget..EVER!
I was about 6 or 7 i forgot. me and my family and tasha were enjoying our vacation at this hotel which i forgot the name at Ancol. It was a nice sunny day and me as a little girl was just enjoying it all. We were all gathering at the kiddie pool. Btw back then..i couldnt swim. so this is where the interesting bit comes up.
As you know, kids what they love to do is jump in the water and play 'splashy' to everyone. yes everyone. i enjoyed it. So what happen was i was throwing water to everyone including tasha. I could tell she was annoyed because by the time i was bored with throwing water at her, she immediately came up to me and pushed my head underneath the water. YES..NEWS FLASH my cousin tried to kill me. dunno if she did it on purpose but she tried! Little did she know, unlike her who could swim, i couldnt.
I ended up drowning. I didnt die. I just sank.
Ever since that day, i hated her. I even swore to myself that i would never be friends with her EVER!

But as times changed, well people changed, and so did the both of us.
After 4 years of not keeping in touch with any members of my family due to my father's job. Once again i was reunited with them and yes TASHA. Surprisingly, when we first saw eachother, we just ran like in the baywatch movies excluding the red bathing suit, and hugged eachother. For the first time in my life it actually felt great to see her. Ever since that day, we just became really close.
We started hanging out abit more, have sleepovers, we even tried to dress alike which is wierd. Because she and i we are both 2 very different people. She is more girly and liked r&b music while i'm more on the tomboy side and likes rock music and worships marylin manson, she only has 2 piercings while i have 8, im more of a party person, while she enjoys staying at home and watch dvd's. SO i have no idea how we both became soo close while we have nothing in common but i guess thats what makes us bond.
We even did abit of travelling together ( singapore,bali, bandung, thailand, anyer), during those trips we learned alot from eachother, and i started to treat her more like my sister, since i never had an older sister, its comforting to find someone that i can always rely on.

As time goes, the both of us have grown into woman, we're on our early 20's, trying to find the meaning of life, she's in the middle of finishing her degree in communications, while im trying to get through my 2nd semester doing communications as well. We both have boyfriends now. While back then we sorta think of boys as disgusting little creatures. She's doing a wonderful job at my mum's company and one day i'll be working there aswell.

Im writing this entry not to mock her or make people have negative thoughts about my cousin,
but after all these years through my whining and complaning, My dear cousin Natasha Vanessa Tuhatu, will always be the cousin that i love the most, not because she's older than me, but because she is who she is, peopl love her because she is smart and funny at the same time.
She is my rolemodel, im so proud to have her as a family member, she has been there for me when i needed help, when i was drunk and when i was going through tough times with my family. I cant imagine not having her in my life. For that i'am greatfull.
What makes me proud of her, simple....after all this time, SHE STILL LOVES ME!
Thank you soo much. I have left my heart with my new big sister. xoxoxo.

3 comments:

ANDRE said...

wow
tasha pasti ge er banget nih baca ini

CLARITY said...

ihiks..ihiks..akyu bukan GR tp terharu..uhukkzz..uhukzz..
there are so many funny things here..
good blog n merci beaucoup ma petite poulet..xoxo 24/7 no more hate each other..hahahahahaa lol

Nod-nya Tea said...

aaawwwhhh....so sweet....i'd never could write such things to my cousin andre,or any other cousin haha...i wonder why...??